Drama Kings and Queens
“Students with Autism have amazing talents in the arts!”– Dr. Ashley
Drama Kings and Queens is offered as a 6 week summer intensive and weekly summer social skills program dedicated to facilitating social, emotional, speech and language development, and confidence building in students ages 5-15 with Autism and other social cognitive deficits. Each year our summer program attracts students from around the world looking to grow and develop. This amazing experience culminates in a professional musical theatre performance for crowds of 300 plus.
- Follows directions given minimal support
- Willingness and/or interest in learning how to better engage and socially interact with peers and adults
- Verbally proficient
- Subtle or obvious interest in the performance arts
- Evidence Based Practices facilitating noticeable improvements in students year after year.
- Social Skills classes are weekly for 2 hours throughout the year
- Students work with world renowned vocal coaches and choreographers daily
- Weekly field trips include exclusive visits to various network TV sets and theatrical experiences
- Weekly Parent Debriefings
- AAC Social Skills Class
- Building meaningful relationships
- Manualized Evidence Based Approach
- Emphasis on conversation skills at all levels of the program
- Emphasis on mindfulness, movement, and meditation
Due to the nature of the program, a virtual audition day will take place for interested students Friday April 23rd at 3:00pm PST.
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.